How to Use Banking Services
How to Open a Bank Account
- Things you will need: identification (passport, alien registration card, resident registration, etc.), seal(stamp), and money to deposit.
- ① Upon entering the bank, take a number and wait until the number is called.
- ② Go to the desk when the number is displayed on the display board.
- ③ Explain your purpose for visiting to the bank teller (opening bank account, remittance, deposit, etc.). Ask for a debit card if necessary.
※ Debit card: These can be used to make a deposit or withdrawal at an ATM without a bankbook and/or seal.
- ④ Fill in the forms and submit them as directed by the bank teller.
- ⑤ Keep your bankbook and debit card in a safe place.
※ Do not disclose your password to others.
- Monday through Friday: 09:00-16:00
- Outside of Bank Hours: Use ATM located in bank lobby
Deposits and Withdrawals
- Bank Teller: Prepare the application for deposit or withdrawal, and go to the teller's counter. A personal identification number (PIN) is not required to make a deposit, but must be provided to make a withdrawal.
- An automated teller machine (ATM) can be used with a bankbook or cash card. You must enter your PIN to make a transaction. If you enter the wrong PIN three times in a row, you will not be able to make the transaction (inquiry, deposit, or withdrawal). ATM transactions are also subject to fees if made outside of the bank's business hours, or at another bank.
- Internet banking refers to banking services provided via the Internet.
- Online banking allows you to check account balances and the history of deposits and withdrawals, and make remittances using your own bank accounts.
- To apply for Internet banking, you will need an authentication certificate, issued online from the Korea Financial Telecommunications and Clearings Institute, and a secret card and one-time password (OTP) card issued from your bank. Please visit your bank for more information.